Aims and Scope
MJSL aims to serve as a cohesive scholarly platform for the dissemination of information and research on Syariah and Law, incorporating original peer-reviewed research, case studies, reports and book reviews from a manifold of international authors. The editorial board cordially invites original contributions, written in Bahasa Melayu, English, and Arabic, which have neither been published nor considered for publication by any other publisher. MJSL provides a conducive platform for scholars and researchers to publish their current and noteworthy research, as well as to participate in other publication activities, including reports, book and article reviews.
The journal's specific aims are as follows:
- To provide a reputable and acclaimed forum for the publication of high-quality research in the areas of Syariah and Law.
- To advance discussions on new theoretical and empirical understanding on contemporary issues in Syariah and Law.
- To promote extensive exchange of information among scholars and experts in the multidisciplinary fields of Syariah and Law at both the local and international levels, without limitation to the Southeast Asian region.
- To disseminate pioneering research that scrutinizes the interconnection and interplay of prevalent issues from the Syariah and Law perspectives.
MJSL warmly welcomes contributions from scholars of related disciplines:
- Islamic Economic Law / Economic Law
- Islamic Family Law / Family Law
- lslamic Legal Administration / Administrative Law
- Islamic Jurisprudence / Jurisprudence
- Islamic Comparative Law / Comparative Law
- Contemporary Islamic Issues
- Islamic Law and Society / Law and Society
- Islamic Criminal Law / Criminal Law
- Islamic Law Related to Halal Studies / Law on Halal and Consumerism
- Islamic International Law / International Law